Echocardiography in Heart Failure - a volume in the exciting new Practical Echocardiography Series edited by Dr. Catherine M. Otto - provides practical, how-to guidance on effectively applying echocardiography to evaluate heart failure, make therapeutic decisions, and monitor therapy. Definitive, expert instruction from Drs. Martin St. John Sutton and Denise Wiegers is presented in a highly visual, case-based approach that facilitates understanding and equips you to accurately apply this technique while avoiding any potential pitfalls. Access the full text online at www.expertconsult.com along with cases, procedural videos, and abundant, detailed figures and tables that show you how to proceed, step by step, and get the best results.
Master challenging and advanced echocardiography techniques such as cardiac resynchronization therapy through a practical, step-by-step format that provides a practical approach to image acquisition and analysis, technical details, pitfalls, and case examples.
Expand your knowledge and apply the latest findings on cardiomyopathy and dyssynchrony.
Reference the information you need quickly thanks to easy-to-follow, templated chapters, with an abundance of figures and tables that facilitate visual learning.
Access the complete text and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com plus video clips, additional cases, and much more!
1. Distinguishing systolic vs diastolic heart failure: A practical approach by
2. Evaluation of the patient with systolic heart failure
3. Echo parameters important for clinical decision making in HF
4. Evaluation of the patient with diastolic dysfunction
5. Hypertensive heart failure
6. Heart failure due to coronary disease
7. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
8. Role of echocardiography in patients treated with cardiotoxic drugs
9. Assessment of treatment for systolic CHF
10. Echocardiography in the patient with right heart failure
11. Heart failure due to Congenital Heart Disease
12. Echocardiographic evaluation of Ventricular Support Devices
13. The role of echocardiography for OHT
By Martin St. John Sutton, MBBS, Director, Cardiovascular Imaging, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA and Susan E. Wiegers
260 x 184 (7 1/4 x 10 1/4)
In - Stock
"The book is divided into chapters covering echocardiography in heart failure (systolic, diastolic, and right heart failure), cardiomyopathies (hypertensive, ischemic, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), and echocardiography with ventricular assist devices and heart transplantation. Each chapter discusses the basic principles, pointing to the advantages and limitations of the modality, and highlighting the key points in a separate box. The text is enriched with images, tables, and figures. Readers are also directed to online videos. Following each chapter there is a list of suggested reading on the subject. This is a concise yet comprehensive overview of echocardiography in heart failure and related conditions."- Omar Khatib, MD (Ochsner Clinic Foundation) Doody Review Services