2013 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Primary Health Care!
Now in edition 6, Contraception: Your Questions Answered has been completely revised and updated to incorporate all the latest information about contraception methods, effectiveness, mechanisms, side-effects and complications.
1. Introduction: the population explosion, sexual and contraceptive history-taking and counselling - the importance of fertility control.
2. Aspects of human fertility and fertility awareness: natural birth control.
3. Male methods of contraception.
4. Vaginal methods of contraception.
5. The combined oral contraceptive - selection and eligibility.
6. The combined oral contraceptive - follow-up arrangements and new routes of administration.
7. The progestogen-only pill.
8. Injectables and implants.
9. Intrauterine devices and systems.
10. Emergency (postcoital) contraception.
11. Contraception for the young, the not quite so young - and in future.
Further reading. Websites. Appendices.
By John Guillebaud, MA, FRCSEd, FRCOG(Hon), FFSRH(Hon), FCOG(SA), Emeritus Professor of Family Planning and Reproductive Health, University College London, UK; Trustee of the Margaret Pyke Memorial Trust, Formerly Medical Director of the Margaret Pyke Family Planning Centre, London, UK; Surgeon, Elliot-Smith Vasectomy Clinic, Oxford, UK and Anne MacGregor