Complications of Urologic Surgery: Prevention and Management, 4th Edition, by Samir S. Taneja, MD, is a urology resource that presents current management strategies-with an emphasis on prevention-for the most effective patient care. Recognized leaders in the field address both office-based complications as well as common and uncommon surgical complications arising from open and minimally invasive urologic surgery, to equip you to handle a wide range of situations. Best of all, this resource includes a companion website featuring the complete text of the book for convenient reference and review.
· Emphasizes prevention over quick fixes for more effective handling of urologic complications and better patient outcomes.
· Covers both acute and long-term care of patients with urologic complications to equip you to manage more cases.
· Features the work of recognized leaders in urology for guidance you can trust.
New to this Edition
· Provides online access through expertconsult.com where you'll find the complete text of the book and references linked to Medline.
· Offers up-to-date management approaches of urologic complications to help you stay on top of issues and controversies as you incorporate new surgical techniques into your practice.
· Presents a new section on minimally invasive complications that address the challenges arising from laparoscopic and robotic techniques.
· Includes a discreet medical complications section that enables you to stay up to date with this rapidly changing area of urology and understand the risks and benefits of the newest hormone and chemotherapeutic regimens.
· Inclues Key Points for each chapter to help you find information quickly and study for the boards more efficiently.
· Features a new, four-color format and illustrations that highlight important points within the text.