Clinical Naturopathy, 2nd Edition
Your Price: AU$99.00
Out of Stock - Possible 3 week delay for published books
Clinical Naturopathy: an evidence-based guide to practice, 2nd edition, by Jerome Sarris and Jon Wardle, articulates evidence-based clinical practice.
It details the principles, treatment protocols and interventions at the forefront of naturopathic practice in the 21st century. Clinical Naturopathy 2e: an evidence-based guide to practice, equips you to critically evaluate your patients, analyse treatment protocols, and provide evidence-based prescriptions.
This second edition promotes the fundamentals of traditional naturopathy, while pushing the scientific boundaries and driving the steady evolution of the profession of naturopathic medicine.
Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy)
Advanced diploma and Postgraduate students in:
- • Naturopathy
- • Western Herbal Medicine
- • Nutrition
- • Homoeopathy
Complementary health therapists
• A rigorously researched update of common clinical conditions and their naturopathic treatment according to evidence-based guidelines (over 5,000 references).
• Bridges conventional medical and naturopathic paradigms to help clinicians facilitate truly integrative models of care.
• Augmented appendices including: herb/drug interaction charts, laboratory reference values, food sources of nutrients, cancer medication interactions and nutraceutical use.
• Key Treatment Protocols throughout the text offer an evidence-based referenced critique.
• Naturopathic Treatment trees for each condition, with Treatment Aims boxes that are easy to follow and understand.
• Scientific and traditional evidence validating treatment protocols.
• Decision trees, unique figures, tables and charts are a great aid to visual learners.Back To Top
New to This Edition
• Expanded Diagnostics chapter including the emerging field of pharmacogenomics.
• New Wellness, lifestyle and preventive medicine chapter to explore in detail the core principles of naturopathic practice.• New Liver dysfunction and disease, Headache and migraine, and Pain chapters.
• A deepening scientific focus with inclusion of new and emerging naturopathic therapeutics such as injectable nutraceuticals.Back To Top
Author InformationBy Jerome Sarris, ND (ACNM), MHSc HMed (UNE), Adv Dip Acu (ACNM), Dip Nutri (ACNM), PhD (UQ), Senior Research Fellow, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne and Centre for Human Psychopharmacology, Swinburne University of Technology, Victoria and Jon Wardle, ND (ACNM), MPH, PhD (UQ), Chancellor’s Research Fellow, Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine, Faculty of Health, University of Technology Sydney; Trans-Pacific Fellow, School of Medicine, University of Washington; Naturopathic Practitioner, Herbs on the Hill, Brisbane, Queensland
Back To Top