Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Your Price: AU$164.70
Out of Stock - Possible 3 week delay for published books
1.2 million myocardial infarctions occurred last year in the U.S., and 480,000 patients died following complications of infarction. Now, you can detect and treat the many complications associated with myocardial infarction in time to save many more patients. This title in the brand-new Clinical Diagnostic Imaging Atlas Series offers you authoritative guidance from a well-known cardiologist and imaging expert about when and how to perform the latest diagnostic imaging tests, interpret the results, and effectively treat the emergency. Detailed discussions of hot topics, full-color illustrations, and a DVD of procedural video clips, animations, and downloadable image libraries help you provide fast, appropriate treatment for each challenging case you face.Table of Contents
- Offers detailed advice on when and how to screen for the most prevalent but often difficult-to-diagnose complications of myocardial infarction to help you improve care and increase survival rates.
- Discusses the hottest topics in myocardial infarction, including cardiogenic shock ? left ventricle remodeling ? thrombi ? right ventricle infarction ? free wall rupture ? false aneurysms ? tamponade ? ventricular septal rupture ? papillary muscle rupture ? and more that prepare you to better diagnose and manage whatever you see.
- Presents 70 fully illustrated case presentations with teaching points that make information easy to understand and digest.
- Addresses the advantages and limitations of chest radiology, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, cardiac CT, MR, angiography, and nuclear cardiology techniques so you can quickly determine the best imaging approach.
- Includes supporting evidence and current AHA/ACC guidelines for more accurate interpretations of your imaging findings.
- Uses a consistent, easy-to-follow chapter format that includes topic overview, an outline of imaging/diagnostic options, and case-based examples to make reference easy.
- Provides more than 400 full-color illustrations for expert visual guidance.
- Includes a bonus DVD containing hundreds of video clips of techniques and animations that show you what to look for and how to proceed as well as downloadable image libraries for use in electronic presentations.
"This is a valuable addition to the literature on the treatment of the sequelae of myocardial infarction. The author has managed to effectively synthesize information from a number of divergent disciplines into a coherent and clinically relevant book... A broad array of potential complications which can result from myocardial infarction is explored. Evidence-based recommendations for managing these complications are provided in a concise and thorough fashion. All chapters are accompanied by an impressive array of illustrations, as well as photographs of relevant imaging findings and gross pathologic specimens. " - Doody's, 4 Stars ****Back To Top
Author InformationBy Stuart J. Hutchison, MD, FRCPC, FACC, FAHA, FASE, FSCMR, FSCCT, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Calgary Division of Cardiology, Foothills Medical Center; Department of Cardiac Sciences, Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta, Calgary, Canada
Back To Top