General Practice: The integrative approach
A comprehensive medical textbook taking a holistic approach to contemporary general practice
Ideal for General Practitioners and medical students alike, this highly-anticipated medical reference takes an integrative approach to the diagnosis, investigation and management of health issues in the general practice environment.
General Practice: The integrative approach covers the philosophy underpinning modern-day general practice, including primary and secondary prevention as well as acute and chronic disease management.
This important textbook informs doctors of potential treatment and prevention options, as well as possible pitfalls, according to the growing integrative medicine evidence base.
The first section of General Practice: The integrative approach lays the foundations of integrative medicine while the second examines important medical conditions in a systems-based approach.
Each chapter in this valuable health resource outlines required medical and consulting knowledge, while discussing physiology and pharmacological management plans of systems-based conditions.
An evidence-based discussion of the available therapeutic options for the treatment of associated factors follows. This helps medical practitioners adapt their approach for individual patient needs.
General Practice: The integrative approach features contributions from experts in Chinese medicine, herbal medicine, nutritional medicine, naturopathy, and exercise therapy ? all of whom incorporate their expertise into management plans that utilise multiple therapeutic modalities to achieve the best clinical outcome.
Key Features of General Practice: The integrative approach:
- incorporates evidence-based and safe therapies including conventional medical care, lifestyle interventions and complementary therapies
- is directed at best practice rather than alternative practice
- focuses on prevention and health promotion
- a symptomatic layout matching the approach of contemporary medical curriculum
- each therapeutic modality and therapeutics contributor is coded with an icon for easy modality reference
- a unique chapter covering medico-legal issues
- a ready reference herb/drug interaction chart
- expert authors include Dr Kerryn Phelps, well-known Australian medical practitioner and President of the Australasian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA)
For more information on General Practice: The integrative approach: